Saturday April 8th Our first Walking Food Experience for 2017 will visit three quite different Café’s.
A community initiative in conjunction with the Port Melbourne Business Association, the ‘Walk Local Taste Global’ food tours are a great way to meet locals and experience some of the great food and venues on offer in Port Melbourne.
We will meet at the North Port Light Rail Station at 12.15pm. From there it will be just a short stroll to each of the venues.
This is an opportunity to engage with the restaurateurs and get to know what this part of Port Melbourne offers. These intimate little events are a great way to get to know your neighbours and the neighbourhood better.
Tickets cost $45, fill out the form below and you will be contacted with event and payment details.
Testimonials from previous events:
- Best venue – Harry & Frankie. Generous with 3 glasses of wine and nibbles and informative Barman commentary. Mardos – Enjoyable but surprised at ‘pub classics’ meal options. Imbibe Wine Bar was a nice starting point. Overall good value for money and look forward to next event.
- Loved all venues and owner/chef’s intro. Would do it again. Definitely recommend.
- Really enjoyed the day. Both wine venues were excellent and knowledgeable about their wines. Lunch was good but perhaps too much for me. Look forward to the next one.
- We enjoyed both of your events equally. The food today was very good as were the wines. We would definitely like to be part of any further events. Thank you Christine for your efforts organizing these for us.
- Thanks for organizing it, great idea to celebrate Port Melbourne. Thought the standouts were both wine bars – would do more of this. Mardos was nice but the food was very pub grub and would never have ordered a chicken parma but enjoyed celebrating the chefs. Great afternoon and will do it next time.
- Enjoyed the day. Only thing I’d say is, serving chicken parma when you are trainee chefs was not very adventurous.
- Really, really enjoyed it. Great concept and great way to meet people. New friendships have been forged. Especially enjoyed hearing all about Mardos – enlightened me and my wife and thinking about enquiring about a course. Would be great if they were more frequent.
- Loved it. Thank you Christine
- Loved it! So glad we joined. Good value. Loved learning about Mardos and there is no better wine place than Harry and Frankie. Would do it again happily and bring all my friends.
- The experience was great. Aaron at Harry and Frankie’s wine bar was very personable and knowledgeable. Lunch was great and was great to hear from the trainee chefs and what them tick.
- Very enjoyable. A great idea, well organized and good value. Hope this becomes an iconic annual event.
- Awesome! Great concept. Met some wonderful new people. Loved the lunch. Wine bars were great especially Harry and Frankie. Jo Mac says so… love it there!
- Excellent Venues. Delicious, beautifully presented meals. Opportunity to mingle, converse, exchange ideas. Well timed and paced.
- Wonderful day – great choice of places
- Wonderful food, wine &amp; company. We are truly fortunate to experience this!
- Enjoyed it all! Being my first walk found the food and wines incredible. Hope to do it again in the near future. Superb experience, thank you.
- A real blast, lovely concept. A lot of laughs with vibrant people &amp; enthusiastic venues.
- Fantastic, two Irish people relatively new to Port Melbourne and we loved the experience. Thank you very much and we’ll keep an eye out for the next tour.